Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Day In The Garden 2009

The first signs of spring...tulips and daffodils poking their little heads up, buds swelling on the trees, birds singing, AND THISTLES GROWING!! Yes, it has started already. After school today the kids were asking if we could start gardening. Well, knowing that this won't last through the season, I took them up on it and we started pulling weeds. And thistles. The bane of my existence. How I hate those little suckers. We finished up two small areas so the weeding season has officially began. The kids lasted about 10 minutes which was fine. They did a good job and I don't want them to think of gardening as a chore. They'll learn that on their own! As for me, I already know it's a chore. Especially when it comes to the thistles.

No comments:

Post a Comment