Monday, March 16, 2009

A blog is born


Welcome to The Thistle Patch! Finally, I have a place to document my garden mistakes and musings. The Thistle Patch is located in a small town in Indiana. Friends that have visited my place will attest to the fact that I live on a thistle patch. Left to their own devices the thistles in my yard would take over the world. Fortunately for them I am a terribly lazy gardener and they are often left to their own devices. I've even been known to play on the sympathys of my friends so they will help pull up the boogers. But no matter how often they are pulled or sprayed they always come back. Sometimes you just have to go with what you're given so I'm embracing the thistle patch....from a distance. Anyway, if my yard were picture perfect it wouldn't be nearly as fun.
This is my first blog so be patient with me. Come back often and check in on the comings and goings. I'm easily distracted so I'm sure I'll go off topic fairly often. My garden style is a mish mash of this and that so I guess that's a good style for my blog also.
I guess this would be a good time to make my annual vow. I do it every year and every year I'm just sure that this will be the year that I actually follow through. So here it is: I vow to not buy any new plants (except for my container plants) unless and until I have a spot already picked out for them. Further more I vow that if and when I do buy more plants I will promptly plant them in their new spot and will not let them sit on my concrete driveway and shrivel away.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard at your vow that I had tears in my eyes. How many times have I made that very same vow (and broken it promptly). My dear, we are kindred spirits.
    Cindee

    ReplyDelete